Managing and implementing standard IT equipment such as PCs, peripherals and other IT resources. Providing costumer and end-user support in troubleshooting software and hardware problems. Proactively identify problems and solutions. Proactively creating and updating procedures. Creating users and assigning rights in Active Directory in Windows Server 2008. Creating mailbox accounts, assigning permissions in Exchange Server 2008. Resolving server issues and managing servers in collaboration with IT Milan.
Installing and configuring severs:
• Upgrading server RAM memory and Hard disks.
• Configuring Cisco switches and Access points.
• Creating and modifying Task Sequence in SCCM server
• Creating and modifying Backup protection groups.
IT Local Administrator tasks:
The activities of IT Local Administrator:
• Resolving hardware and application problems.
• Requests for change. o Replacing and removing hardware’s
o Installing of standard applications.
• Deploying machines using SCCM, preparing and configuring desktops and laptops for end users.
• Creating new user profiles. This includes creating Phone desks or configuring it for the new user. Setting up workplace for the new user.
• Creating printer groups and updating printer drivers.
Monitoring Systems and servers.
Managing Local IT assets.
Managing vessels ICT materials.
IT Local Administrator should update the DB in the SPM (Spare Part Management) accordingly.